Windows 7 Resource Monitor
Although this article isn’t directed towards the Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, or Blackberry operating systems most smartphone users are also pretty heavy PC users. At one time or another you’ve probably been hard at work on your computer and had a program freeze. Even after force closing it you may not be able to reopen it and get the message:
“Firefox is already running. Close the application first then reopen.”
We will explain in a few steps how to use a great built-in feature of Windows 7 to recover the frozen program, and all of your hard work. Click Read More below to continue the article after the break.
Here’s how to use the Windows7 Resource Monitor to recover your frozen programs before having to close them or restart your system:
- From your PC desktop click Start and in the Search blank type “resmon” and hit Enter.
- Click “resmon.exe” in the results area and you will be greeted with a screen like the one above.
- Check the box beside the frozen program (in this case it’s Firefox).
- Right-click on firefox.exe and then click on Analyze Wait Chain.
- Select the last entry in the list tree.
- Click End Process at the bottom.
Now you have recovered the program without losing all of your work! As always Contact Us with any questions.